What More


Nancy


I weep
For all I cannot give
For what I cannot share
Or be

I grieve
The life she would renounce
To give her love to me

I think my noble thoughts
And
Tell myself
I’ve done the best
I’ve sought this solitude
The only thing that I can do
For her

~

Light intrudes
Splinters my darkness

She sits
Silent
At river’s edge
Beside me

Her hand
Warm
Chooses
Claims
Mine

Together
We rest
On the sand

She sighs
Looking out
Across the river
Not at me
Watching her

It doesn’t really matter
Vincent
What we may never know
Or see or do or travel to
Love is ours
What more
To want
To wish for

She turns
Satisfied
Smiles
I followed my heart to find you
Just as you said I must
Now tell me
Love
Are we not worth
Do we not
Have
Everything
In one another

She makes me whole

H, for you
Fall 2011

2 comments

  1. Do we not have everything in one another...
    :) I love that thought, that phrase, that knowing; for love, for Vincent and Catherine.
    Well done Nancy. Vincent always comes to terms near the end, doesn't he? That he accepts their belonging to one another.

    hugs

  2. Your kindness overwhelms, Brit. I guess they can't have their happy life if he doesn't 'get it' eventually, right?! And we're all trying so hard to show him the way! Love you, Nancy

Post a Comment