Address

Nancy


I
Pull on jeans
Slip from the bedroom
Our bedroom
My breath catches
The vision
Her
Lying there
Our bed
Sleep
My Beloved

I wander
The house
Our house
Looking
Listening
Imagining
A message
Perhaps
In the creak of stair
Welcome
Be at home

The party
Our wedding
Earlier today
The loving
Our loving
Earlier
This evening
Well into
This night
A blessing
She said
Upon
Our new home
Our new life
In day’s light

At transom topped
Velvet-draped window
A curious moonbeam
Begs entrance
Sugar frosting for
Persian carpet

Awakens Grandfather
Demanding time be told
Between the chimes
A reverent hesitation
Ah
The moon dial

A change of course
The kitchen
Glazed in shine and chrome
Dishwasher
Dishwasher
Winks back
Microwave and coffee maker
Refrigerator
Freezer
Stove and sink
That all is
Real
Surprises
Both of us

Books
Caught in moon glow
Old friends
Uneasy
New shelves
New library
Video titles
Threatening competition
Television
Television

Like them I am
Unsure
Can I belong
This fantasy world
Phones and
Doors
Radiators and
Air conditioning

Silent
Warm from sleep
She rests
One long drowsy moment
Silk upon my chest
Stepping back
Green eyes wonder
Understand
My wife
Leads me
To the stairs

House
Be patient
Indulge me
Never
Did I dream
All it might mean
To have
An address


home, H

4 comments

  1. >>> Applause <<<

  2. I am very appreciative of your >>>applause<<<. Thank you. Please forgive me for taking so long to tell you. Nancy

  3. Nancy,

    Such a simple, mundane thing -- an address. But seen through your eyes and his a place of magic and awe. Amazing!

  4. Ann, thank you once again for finding something sweet to say. I'm so glad we've met...and in Vincent's and Catherine's company! Hope your day is as lovely as you've made mine! Nancy

Post a Comment