Providence

Nancy


Candlelight
Kisses her hair
He would be
Candlelight
This once
This final
Time

She reads
A poet’s tale
Love most precious
Priceless
Lost
He hears
The fear
Hidden
Layered
In another’s words
Sparing him
As best she can
He hurts
For her
For himself

Silence

She looks up
Envies
The bed that comforts him
Finds herself
Reflected
In his beauty
Cherished
Adored
Knows him safe
Home
Healing

Silence

Love’s question
Will you sleep
You should
He tilts his head
Acknowledging her care

Silence

How to say it
Free her
He cannot
He must
Catherine
Providence
Your destiny
Awaits

Silence

Resolve
Settles her features
Lawyer
Lover
Woman
Radiating purpose
He cannot breathe

Silence

Vincent
You
Torn from me
Dying
Apart from me
I
Existed
Only to search
Forever
Each moment
A forever
Of dread
Hope
Dying
Each
Moment
Vincent
Apart from you

Silence

Providence
Something meant to be
You said
Not a city
Vincent
Nor a job
We
Are
Meant
To
Be
We are

Silence

Her gaze
Releases him
Chilled
In its absence
He steals a breath
Welcomes the heat
Of its return

Silence

Know first
My Heart
I will not be persuaded
To leave
Nor to believe
You
Could truly wish
That I should go
We will
Consider
Together
Here
Vincent
What Providence
Intends for us

Silence

Stay

Silence


From somewhere
The syllable
Mythical
Miraculous
Glowing in the dark space
That cannot separate
Lovers
His lips have moved
The voice is his
Emotion
Fathomless
Without name
Born
Drawn new
From all he is

Silence

She moves beside
Warming
Calming
Fisted hands
Embraced in
Small
Soft palms
Succumb
Relent
Unfold

Silence

Upon his lips
A sweetness
Her
Touch
He dies but for green eyes
Rising to his
A promise

Silence

I will

Silence

A heart knows
Reality
Beyond possibility
Joy
Beyond ecstasy
He
Is
The Beloved
Hers
Of any she might have loved
Beneath the yellow sun
A night’s white stars
Below
Among the stones
She has chosen
Him

In the Silence


for H, as always

8 comments

  1. This is beautiful, Nancy. You have captured Vincent and Catherine's love for one another with special precious words. I was there sharing their moment.
    Sincerely,
    Wendy T.

  2. Wendy said it all. Lovely!

    Claire "Cosi"

  3. Nancy, it's so wonderful to read this poem again! What a lovely job you've done with it, too! I love that repetitive "Silence" ... well, you know all my thoughts on this work, don't you! I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic when I read it - what a wonder it was to watch you work!

  4. Thank you, Wendy, for your very kind compliments. I wanted to thank you here, as well as in our email exchanges. See you there later today! Nancy

  5. Claire, it's so sweet of you to return and leave your generous thoughts for me. Thank you. I'm pleased that you like Providence. This site instills such a sense of 'coming home' in me. I find it to be a beautiful frame for my little endeavors...I know they are improved for being here. Nancy

  6. Michelle, I have you and Carole to thank...for so much. This site is a dream-made-real. It's the Tunnels...safe...welcoming...a place to visit for a little while with Vincent and Catherine and the rest, all living out their happy lives. I am honored to be a part of your creation. Nancy

  7. Nancy, this poem is just lovely (how on earth did I miss this in June?!?!?) I think the moment when Vincent admits that he, too, has the right to want, has the right to love, is one of the most magical, and you've captured it beautifully here.

    -Krista

  8. Krista, I thank you from my heart for your kindness in reading Providence and for finding a reason to compliment it. I wasn't sure about it...I don't usually do 'dialogue' like I did here. Our Vincent, the most worthy of all men to be loved and to have his love cherished...he's a dream to write, isn't he?! Many, many thanks, Krista. Nancy

Post a Comment