Victors

Nancy


Beginnings
Can be troublesome
A wounded invader
Feared
Healed
His doctor’s ready compassion
Restrained
Tell her nothing
Get her out
Imagine
His horror
The consternation
Poor man
I will not be
Gotten out
Sent away
Forgotten
His dilemma
How to protect
His unique son
From faithless love

I sense
His distrust
Feel
His disapproval
Know
His disfavor
Yet love
Being stronger than all else
And loving as I do
With all that I am
His beautiful son
Not even
Father
Formidable adversary
To be sure
Will dissuade
Discourage
Defeat
The dream I
Defend
Protect
Nurture
That one day
One blessed
Miraculous day
I will dwell
Beloved
Within the heart of
His son

Perhaps a double miracle
Should the Father
Somehow
Someday
Actually
Approve

~

The war
Seen from now
No more than a skirmish
An eloquent misunderstanding
With victors two as
Respectfully
Affectionately
Genuinely
Father
Entrusts his son
To me
The wife
Proven worthy
The daughter
Devoted to him
Her father as well
And I know
My cherished dream
Life
As one
With my eternal love
My Vincent

eternal love, H

0 comments

Post a Comment