Enough

Nancy


An August morn
A Manhattan street
The plague of traffic
Humanity
Hurries
To be
Somewhere
On time

~

Dream

A summer field
Hovering angels
Gather night’s mantle
Drape dawn’s
Blue and pink and cloudless
Above us

Come

Scatter swallows
A riot of robins
Sprinkle butterflies
Free the breeze
Spread the quilt
The hamper’s fare
Taste
Above
In the sunshine

More

Afternoon bluster
Your
First glimpse
Heaven’s arcing circuits
In the day-dark
Breathe the power
Touch the frenzy

Run

Through the rain
Laugh and
Wonder and
Applaud the pageant
Hold me close
Show me your face
In the flash of lightning
Kiss me

~

Elevators
Gulp
Me
Too many others
Air conditioners
Sweat
Loud
In office windows
I think of you
At work
Cool stones
Your comfort

In my heart
No
List of wishes
Begs
No
If only
Taunts

Before I ever knew
To ask
The prize
Was mine
The treasure
Laid before me
In
One
The only one
Who could matter

You
Divinely formed
For me

I
Created
For you

We live
We love
This day

It is
You are
So much more than
Enough

grateful, H

4 comments

  1. Oh, Nancy, this is wonderful. This one and "Address" are two of my very favorites---you've captured things so well that I can almost see them in the sunlight.

    Thanks for posting,

    Krista :)

  2. Before I ever knew to ask, the prize was mine ... laid before me in one, the only one who could matter ...

    Sigh. You know how I love these words. It's spectacular, Nancy.

    Carole

  3. Krista, that is so sweet of you! Thank you. I'm really glad you enjoyed both my little poems. I do have fun writing them. And it's great to think someone else likes them, too! Thank you very much for the kind words. Nancy

  4. Carole, thank you for everything - your friendship and encouragement and for sharing your amazing writing. Love you! Nancy

Post a Comment