Found

Nancy



Born
Found wanting
Discarded

The bitter essence
Of my first
Finding

The blessings of the second
Life and
Love and
Respect and
A man
Benevolent and wise
To name me
Son
I know myself
Most honestly
In my Father’s
Finding

My family
Finds
Other definitions
Who I am
Try to be
To each of them

I am
More

I feel it
The me
I am
Within
Craving manifestation
Demanding
The right of
Presence
Cramped in
One person’s finding
The compilation of all
Findings

I think
Wholeness
Knowledge of oneself
May be
Approached
Sensed
Most perfectly
Only in
Consuming passion
Tender emotions
Touch
Only in
Commitment
Only in
Love

This awareness
Within a love
Of breadth
Depth
Courage
Ever beyond possibility
For me

I can but wish
Surely fool’s fancy
A stranger
Delaying his course
Unafraid
This face
These hands
One
Of caring heart
And thoughtful gaze
Might share
A finding
Resume his journey
Leave me
To analyze
A tint
A newness
In this composition
I imagine to be
Me

~

Moonbeams
Drip
From spindled branches
Weighed with April buds
Eased aside
Granting passage
Who I am or
What
Of no import
I walk
Night-silent pathways
Splash through
Puddles
Light’s faux art
No complaint
No welcome
Nothing
No one
To reflect a
Finding

Or
Alarm

Where grass and ground recognize
Neither footstep
Nor blood
Spectral sentinels consort
Their dewy weavings
Swathe
A body
Life threatened but not destroyed
Fragile in my arms
The long way home
I cannot know
I carry
Every perfect dream
Of every perfect tomorrow

Love
Has
Found
Me

no greater gift, H

6 comments

  1. *swoon* Nancy, I love how your poems capture both a moment and and eternity, are specific and unilateral. What a gift.

  2. Brandy, your praise, in all its lyric beauty, humbles me. I have to wonder at, and be so grateful for, what you see in my efforts. I think these poems must show you much more than I compose. Thank you for giving me this hope! Nancy

  3. It's beautiful! You can almost taste the hope... after that feeling of being apart all along... sigh.

  4. Vicky, thank you! I am deeply grateful for your kind praise. I saw you at the NJ Con...I'd stopped by to meet Helen K in person after a year of emails...and you were on your way out. I'm sorry I didn't intrude and give you a hug. Here it is now!! Nancy

  5. More applause from this late visitor!
    Claire

  6. Claire, I thought this was for "Because" and I thanked you there. Computers are not kind to me. :) Many thanks for your early morning visit and lovely applause. I hope you went to bed early the next night! Nancy

Post a Comment