Some Romeo

Nancy



Happiness
Hooded
Hides from sentry’s note
Laughter
Strains lips’ curb
Legs
Slack the pace
All of me
Steady
Calm
Exploding

I
Need
To
Run
To
Fly
To
Leap
Catch at stars
Yank near
Two cheesy cheeks
Stare
Eye-to-eye
At the man-in-the-moon

Tell
Someone

She sighed
This night
Confided
To my heart
A secret
Her certainty
We are
Shakespeare’s
Triumphant dream of love

We
She said
Serene
Upon my chest
I live to feel her there
She
Sustains

Me
As air
As
God
We are
His Timeless Lovers

Every person
Created thing
That
Comes upon us
Whenever that may be
They’ll
Know
Vincent

For
Don’t you
Climb my balcony
As did young Romeo
His Juliet’s
We will accommodate our author’s
Theft
From you
Of notion-oh-so-sweet
My Love
Call me
To
Everything
That matters
And
Don’t we
Quote
The deathless verse
And
Breathe
Our hope
Renewed

To the night
To her soul
To love
I
Spoke
She watched the words
Smiled
To see them
Filled with listening
And she grinned
And held me
I felt
Her joy
The ecstasy entrusted
For what I said

We
Catherine
We
Will
Inspire

Beyond the Bard’s thought

I
Will
Love
You

Past the tragedies

Through
Any limits

All
Eternity
Ours
Happily ever after

for H

9 comments

  1. We
    She said
    Serene
    Upon my chest
    I live to feel her there
    She
    Sustains
    Me
    As air
    As
    God
    We are
    His Timeless Lovers

    I
    Will
    Love
    You

    The entire thing was beautiful but those are my favorite parts. =]

  2. Brit, thank you so much. You, my dear, are a 'favorite part' for me when I'm writing these little bits and pieces. Nancy :)

  3. I
    Will
    Love
    You

    Past the tragedies

    Through
    Any Limits

    Those are my favorites but I sighed through the whole thing. You made me see it all with your words. Thank you.

  4. My sincere thanks, R1, for your very kind compliments. I'm touched to think you liked this so much. What a lovely way to start my day...in your sweet company! Have a wonderful weekend. Nancy

  5. Absolutely beautiful Nancy...
    Thank you so much for your beautiful poetry.

  6. Composing these little pieces is such a joy for me. The whole process from idea to 'final' draft takes a while but it keeps me out of trouble the whole time! :) My thanks to you for finding something to like in my scribbles, Joan.
    Hope your Wednesday brings many reasons to smile! Nancy

  7. Nancy,
    I am truly blessed by your words. :D I can't express enough what this "You, my dear, are a 'favorite part' for me when I'm writing these little bits and pieces." says to me! Thank You SO very much.

  8. Brit, thank you...for always being so kind...and for stopping by so I could reconnect with you! I was worried about you and I couldn't access your blog to ask how you were. I asked Mich to contact you for me... I'm going to try it again...hold on...IT'S BACK! Good. You're feeling better? All better??? Nancy

  9. read the comment on His Heart. I hope I did not worry you too much. I appreciate your concern. It means so much to me, Nancy. :)
    Thank you.
    *Big hug*
    Brit

Post a Comment