If Love Should Seek Me


Nancy


If  love should seek me
Here
So deep within the earth
Offer me
A life I never dared to dream
Would I accept her gift
Or
Hide my hands
Pretend
Indifference

If love brought her song
Here
Deep into the earth
Would I try the notes
Or
Pose
Mute
Determined in my silence

If love sought me
Here
So deep in rock and earth
Like April’s rainy fingers
Seek the sleepy seed
 Foretell sun’s invitation
Would I bury my soul
Beyond her reach
Shun  
Her touch
The chance to live

If love pursued me
With dreams and songs
And hope
 Past the forests of my fear
Through twisting tunnels
Caverns undiscovered

Never giving up
Until
She found me

Here
Deep
Within the earth

 I might
I would surrender then

Love
Come for me

for Hank

8 comments

  1. Oh. I've told you this already, but now this is my favorite. I love how you find the words to express the unsayable. You do it every time.

    C.

  2. Carole, thank you. You know how hard it is to even read your praise but it goes right to my heart. Thank you. N

  3. Oh, I so love this. You've got the essence of them so well...I keep thinking I should have seen this onscreen.

    Beautiful job,

    Krista :)

  4. Krista, your kindness overwhelms me. Thank you for finding something nice to say each time I put something here.
    Love,
    Nancy

  5. Oh Nancy! This one is so very special, you have captured his feelings so well, and the last lines,
    Love
    Come for me
    are filled with such hope and promise! Outstanding!

    Hugs,
    Linn

  6. Vincent surely would surrender for Catherine would find him.
    You truly create so much from few words. What a gift you have to tell their story!
    This one is lovely. :-)

  7. Linn, thank you, for these kind words and for your friendship. I'm really glad you liked this little effort. Love, Nancy

  8. Thank you, Brit, for always, always being so loving with your praise. You honor me beyond what I could ever deserve. Thank you. It means a lot that you found something to like. Nancy

Post a Comment