Joy Enough

Nancy


A star
To grace the Holy Scene
A fire
Glowing warm
Laden boughs of scented pine
A sprig of mistletoe
Twinkle lights
And candlelight and
Snow beyond the panes

Presents
‘Neath the Christmas tree
In artful disarray
Ribbons curled
In crimson bows
‘Round silver bells
Green holly stems

Guess the Gift
We laugh our way
Through every playful fancy
Neither yielding
Keeping secrets
Safe
‘Til Christmas morning

Carols soft do laud the King
Confide His peace to all
She falls upon my heart to rest
I hold her
Grateful
There

O Holy angels
Stay the bells
Forestall
The alleluias
Let Christmas wait
Prolong this Eve
It’s joy enough
For me


Merry Christmas, H
2009

2 comments

  1. This is so beautiful, Nancy. I've been wandering my way through your poems tonight and, appropriately enough, found myself here on Christmas Eve, anxious for the next gift of your poetry to arrive.

    Hugs,
    Sandy

  2. Sandy, Dear Friend, you have given me the gift of a wonderful morning - all these sweet comments waiting for me when I opened my mail. Thank you! I expect to hug you "Merry Christmas!" when we three see the tree at Rockefeller Center this December. Love, Nancy

Post a Comment