Now, Everything

Nancy


Her world
Waits
She could
Return
And I
Could
Rejoice
For her
Of what consequence am I
But for this
To be
For her

It is my doing
Loving her
Allowing her love for me
Allowing
Have I the power to erase
The feelings in her
Or the will
Were the power granted

I stepped onto her balcony
To leave the book
Escape
Unheard
Unseen
Untrue
I stepped onto her balcony
To stumble
Draw her out

I wanted
To
See
Her

I wanted
Her
To see
Me

I dreamed
Only
That her eyes
Might light
In
Friendly
Welcome

Beyond all dreams
She came to
Me
Embraced
Me
She
Begged
Me
To stay
With her

And
The
Wanting
The
Hope
Flared
Hot
Within me

The life she had
Fades
For love of me
I see it
All but lost
She
Shrugs out of it
As from a too warm coat
Or one of poor fit
Turns to me
Sure
Content

She had
Everything

Now
But my heart
A promise

She smiles
The message I misread
So long ago
Still
In her eyes

In loving me
She has
Everything

for H

8 comments

  1. I stepped onto her balcony to stumble ...

    She shrugs out of it as from a too warm coat ...

    Oh, Nancy. How? How do you do it? I'm speechless, in awe and overwhelmingly grateful.

  2. You find too many jewels that you praise with too lavish a hand and I know it is undeserved ...
    However, my dear Friend, I DO THANK YOU FOR IT!!!
    Love you,
    Nancy

  3. Nancy, I wanted to comment on this earlier but I had some technical difficulties. :-P

    You have an amazing gift for telling a full story in so few words. Thank you for posting this...I love it.

    -Krista :)

  4. Once more, thank you, Krista, for finding some joy in a piece of mine. It is the goal...don't you think? Maybe the secondary goal...pleasing oneself is first...or is giving voice to a feeling the initiating reason to write??? :) Hey, it's sure nice when someone else likes my effort! I'm grateful to you! Nancy

  5. [sigh]. I do love these, Nancy. Your poetry is so sparsely beautiful, so moving. I've not logged on often enough to tell you this ... Thank you for writing these, and for sharing- it's a gift.

    Sandy

  6. Sandy, you're so sweet! Thank you for taking the time to tell me you liked this. Haven't Vincent and Catherine enriched our lives in ways we never could have imagined, or perhaps even wished? It's humbling. Thank you for being part of the joy for me! Nancy

  7. Beyond all dreams
    She came to
    Me
    Embraced
    Me
    She
    Begged
    Me
    To stay
    With her

    And
    The
    Wanting
    The
    Hope
    Flared
    Hot
    Within me

    Im remembering that moment in the episode and yes, youve said it! I see it all in a brand new,fresh way :)

  8. Brit, I am so ... humbled ... you've taken a part of this to hold up for me to see through your eyes. Thank you. Nancy

Post a Comment