His Autumn

Nancy


His creation
Below
In wisdom framed
Compassion kissed
A safe and secret place
Family
for my Vincent
Cherished
to golden maturity
for me
My gratitude
my debt
vast as all universes

His pledge
I grant
his fear for
Vincent
A selfless
vigilance
resolve
to spare
the son
the Father’s private pain
a heart
laid waste
Endlessly
dying

His fear
My dance
too soon
may still
Love’s harmony
thin
to silence
Vincent
forsaken
become
a haunted
vault
wherein lies
nothing save
blighted
ruined memories
Futility
reads to him
Despair
turns the page
The book’s name
Catherine
As Father’s bears
Margaret
in title’s place
Writings that bleed
Loss
Loss
All that made of life
the Divine gift
lost

His possibility
I love Vincent
though
not as he deserves
Yet
he loves me
more than enough
Perhaps
we can
Perhaps
our love will
intrigue and
tempt and
dare Father
to close his book
and open
himself
to another

His healing
Transparent
Tenacious
True
Vincent’s happiness
mine
will be Father’s
His heart
embraced love
once
May love’s wonder
answer fear
bind up wounds
bestow
Faith
in love’s certainty
Hope
in love’s miracle
Light
Laughter
Joy
And
colors
for
His autumn

for H

0 comments

Post a Comment